Some organisations and information links
- Back to Steiglitz Association
- Parks Victoria Brisbane Ranges National Park and Steiglitz Historic Park
- Parks Victoria - family activities including Ranger Roo and Junior Rangers 6 - 12 year olds
- Trust for Nature
- Land for Wildlife
- Parks Victoria
- FriendsNET newsletter and details about other Friends groups
- Friends of Eastern Otways- check out their newsletters
- Friends of Werribee Gorge & Long Forest Mallee - contact Janet Leversha - 5367 4229
- Ballarat Environment Network
- South West Integrated Flora & Fauna Team (SWIFFT)
- Australia's Virtual Herbarium
- Geelong Bushwalking Club
- Geelong Field Naturalists Club Inc.
- Wildlife Victoria The 24/7 Wildline for wildlife rescue and information call 13 000 94535.
- Help for Wildlife
Resources and Information -
- NatureShare database with collections and observations in Brisbane Ranges and other areas for sharing
- Bowerbird has Brisbane Ranges National Park as a project and FoBR group with photos.
- Diseases, fungi and parasites in Australia including Phytophthora Cinnamomi and Myrtle Rust
- Koala Research in the Brisbane Ranges and You Yangs - Janine Duffy Echidna Walkabout/Koala Clancy Foundation
- Cathy Powers - Local photographer with many orchid pictures
- Colleen Miller's native flora photos including Brisbane Ranges
Aboriginal Culture -
- Wathaurong Aboriginal Cooperative Geelong
- Djillong (Geelong's) contact history between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people, how Aboriginal culture evolved and is evolving in Djillong and relationships between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people in Djillong today.
- Aboriginal Plant Use in South-Eastern Australia -
- Aboriginal Plant Use - David de Anglis La Trobe University Environment Collective 2005
- Aboriginal Flora and Fauna Names of Victoria: As extracted from early surveyors’ reports - VACL - see appendix 4a & 4b
- Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages projects
- Books -
- Australian Plants as Aboriginal Tools book
- Bruce Pascoe's non-fiction books including -
- Wathaurong: The People Who Said No.
- Dictionary of Wathawoorroong
- Dark Emu
- Wathaurong Too Bloody Strong: Stories and Life Journeys of People from Wathaurong
NOTE: Various alternative spellings abound on the internet, such as Wadda Wurrung, Watherong, Wautherong, Wathaurung and Wathaurang.